Belly has revealed that he has donated a sum of $25,000 to the IRC (International Rescue Committee).
Who are the IRC?
According to the IRC’s website, the International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and gain control of their future.
In 2017, the IRC and their international program partners:
- Helped nearly 23 million people access primary health care
- Provided cash and asset transfers to 179,491 households of refugees and vulnerable people
- Reached an estimated 2 million people affected by the hunger crises in East Africa, Nigeria and Yemen
- Provided 1.14 million children with schooling and other education opportunities
- Helped to create or support 16,179 businesses—73% of which are female-owned
- Provided support through safe spaces to 135,598 children and 116,580 women and girls
- Helped 10,665 refugees and special immigrant visa recipients resettle in American communities
- Helped to create 134 refugee-owned small businesses in the United States
- Was supported by more than 5,200 volunteers working with our network of offices around the United States
Belly has donated $25,000 to the foundation, and in a post on Instagram, said the following:
“Given the magnitude of the global refugee crisis – especially under this country’s current administration – now more than ever, the world needs organizations like the IRC to stand for refugees and their safety.
I am honored to be here to support the IRC’s work to change and save lives.
I believe everyone deserves to live a safe and secure life, and I’ll always do what I can to lend a hand. Thank you @theirc and the entire team for being so welcoming and hospitable.”